Pages

Project14 : Button Up Jumper


It was still summer here and I tested this Jumper from Once Upon a Sewing Machine.

I think this dress is perfect for cold days. It was designed for medium to heavier weights fabrics. Cozy fabrics for autumn and winter.

I sewed two dresses with corduroy. I made  two because Little Girl was between sizes and I didn't know which size was better for her. 

The first one I did, it was sew with a medium weight corduroy I bought via Facebook. I don't remember where.

It's a beautiful fabric colour teal or similar. The lining is like broadcloth but heavier in bright yellow.






I added piping in bright yellow in the waistband and in the edge of the pockets. 






This dress has buttons in the waistband in front and back. I put two snaps in the center of the waistband. Only one of them works like a button. 

To join the waistband with the bib I put hand sew snaps inside so you can't see them from the outside and in the back two more yellow snaps.





Little Girl can't use this dress anymore, it's too small for her. I think to cut it and use only the skirt including the waistband. 

Pink boots were her favorite those days. Now, these boots are small for her too.



The second dress was sewn in a heavy weight navy blue corduroy. 

My mother gave me this fabric the first time she came to Canada to visit us (when Little Girl had only months). 




For lining I chose Little Red Hodding fabric, again, in acqua and used cover button for the waistband. I added fabric in the border of the pockets too.

I took these pictures during last days of summer. It was hot that day. Little Girl's face is red in the picture below. 




 Little Girl doesn't wear this dress too much. She doesn't like it. Fits her great but how you have to wear it, it's not comfortable to her. 





At least, if she doesn't want to wear it anymore I can transform the dress in a skirt.





Have a great weekend!


@dottedwhale

1 comment:

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

Both dresses are gorgeous. I just love the blue fabric and yellow trim you used for the first. With my daughter I also notice she is not as much into plain colours. Pink boots are super!