Pages

Week 19: Happy Mother's Day


Hey you!

Happy Mother's Day.

How was it? Mine, not so good. My husband is sick and my kids too. An awful cold.
I played to be Nurse almost all week. But Saturday my husband invited me to dinner. We went to eat Thai food and he was with fever. He finished with chills.

Kids sick is awful but, they nap. And what we do when they nap? SEW!!!!  HAHAHA, so I sewed.

I started the week with short pants for Big Boy (BB).  He hates all I sew for him. I let him choose fabric and pattern. He wanted short pants so Mami made short pants for him. I used this free pattern, is a very good basic pattern. You don't need buttons or zipper. And it comes in sizes 56 to 110.



"Kaboom" Short Pants


BB made "pattern step" and marked the fabric. I made the rest. Put pockets in front, made them a little longer and added piping. 



His face is priceless!!




What else? I needed pillowcases, because I don't know if we have too many pillows or we have something like a dark hole zone for pillowcases. And when I saw this "2 dollars per meter" fabric in Ikea, I knew I'll have new pillowcases.


     BB and new pillowcases



They are so easy. I made the envelope type and sewed six.


And like still have more fabric and baby girl was in need for a hat. I looked in my pattern's box and found this one.


     Bonnet Pattern



I wanted to try it before and now was time.  Thank God the instructive had pictures because I understand almost nothing with the instructions.


     "Not so good" Bonnet for Baby Girl


 I will make some changes and share with you later. Baby Girl prefers not to wear this "Not So Good" bonnet. Next time pictures with her wearing a good bonnet.


So ladies, again Happy Mother's Day even if you don't have kids. I guess you have someone to take care and love too. ;)

xoxo



Kaboom Short Pants
Fabric: Pow in Bright, Super Hero Collection from Robert Kaufman
Pattern: Short Pants from Kiind Magazine

Pillowcases
Fabric: from IKEA
Pattern: Self drafted 

Bonnet

Fabric: from IKEA

Pattern: Mc Call's 1311

No comments: