Pages

Project 2: Lucy Tunic




This is the post I wrote for  "Sew & Tell Series" from the blog Go To Sew.  

............................................................................................................

I had the opportunity to sew The Lucy Tunic by Schiwn Designs







The fabric I chose for the crossover tunic is my favorite, denim. I had this navy blue denim saved for a long time in my stash.
I cut the lining bigger than the denim, just a little. The lining fabric sneaks and add color to the denim.
I wanted to make a reversible tunic but the hot pink and navy blue gingham plaid works better like lining than outer fabric.

I used kam snaps instead buttons because I'm a kam snap's addict and my machine didn't want to sew button holes. I put pockets but Little Girl is not interested in them.


Seriously. What can I do with her hair? Is all tangled in the back. 

I had no problems assembling the pattern. Instructions has big pictures and they are written with a large font for those who can't read tiny letters, hihi.   



The Lucy Tunic is easy to sew. Attaching the sleeves was a little tricky but because I chose a little size. I sewed them slow and with a lots of pins. 




I chose a size 2 for my daughter (19 month). Looks a little big for her but I like bigger because here in Alberta is cold and she will wear it with a lot of layers under. 

She likes it. She wants to wear it everyday, always a good sign.

I'm grateful to Andrea and collaborators. Thank you so much!!!


@dottedwhale

Lucy Tunic
Fabric: Denim and Gingham Plaid from local             store
Pattern: Lucy Tunic by Schwin Designs